It is 2023, and solar panel system installations are very popular in both residential and commercial buildings. According to scientific predictions from Utility Drive, the solar panel installation process will provide 54% of the new generating capacity in 2023.
With the rampant use of solar in the world today, it is pertinent to understand the process of researching and installing solar in homes. As a homeowner, having this knowledge puts you at an advantage as it will inform your decision to go green.
In this guide, we have outlined the major steps for the installation of solar systems.
What Is Solar Energy?
Researching Solar Energy Systems for Your Home
The idea of going green is a smart one. It will save you a lot of costs on energy bills, and it will keep your energy sustainable. However, before choosing the right solar system to install in your home, there are certain questions to ask.
Here are some of these questions;
Is Installing Solar Panels Worth It in My Home?
Research has proven that the average home will save between $20,000 and $75,000 in electricity by using solar panels.
Installing solar panels is worth it if;
- You own the property
- Your building is situated in an area with an ample supply of sunlight.
- You are looking to increase the value of your home.
How Many Solar Panels Do You Need?
- Set up scaffolding: This will ensure that the process is done safely.
- Set up the solar panel mounting system: This will support the base of the solar panel.
- Install the solar panel: The panel is then placed on the mounting system and tightened.
- Wire the solar panel: This will connect the panel to the energy generators inside the building.
- Install the solar inverters: This is the device that converts the Direct Current generated by the panel to Alternating Current that can be utilized by the electricity grid.
- Connect the solar battery to the solar inverter: The battery stores energy for when it is required.
- Connect the inverter to the consumer unit.
- Test the solar panels, and you can begin using solar energy.
With these simple steps listed, your solar panels will be up and running.
Remember that the solar contractor chosen for the installation process matters a lot. Ensure that you choose a reliable solar company to handle the installation and maintenance of your solar panels. Contact SunLynk for your solar panel installation today!
The number of Florida solar panels you need will depend on size, location, efficiency, and personal consumption habits. Most homes need between 17 and 21 solar panels for their electricity needs.
Here is a simple formula to calculate how many solar panels your house needs;
Multiply your household’s hourly energy usage by the hours of sunlight peaks in your area, then divide the result by the panel wattage.
After doing your research, the next thing you need to know is how to install a solar panel.
Solar Panel Installation in 8 Steps
In simple terms, solar energy is the generation of electricity from the radiation from the sun. The total amount of solar energy resident in the sun is enough to meet the present and anticipated energy needs of the populace of the world. Therefore, harnessing this power is quite beneficial as it can satisfy all energy needs.
A solar system consists of solar panels, which serve as the devices used to collect solar energy and convert it to thermal energy. Its three central components are solar panels, a mounting system, and a solar inverter which uses a computerized controller.